Location: ICPAK Branch Offices (Kisumu, Kakamega, Machakos, Eldoret, Nyeri, Kericho, Nakuru and North Eastern). Candidates MUST QUOTE their preferred Branch
Our Client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Reporting to the Head Office, the Administrative Assistant shall oversee the functions and implementation of respective Branch Annual Work Plans among other duties.
Successful candidates will be posted to any of the ICPAK Branch offices (Kisumu, Kakamega, Machakos, Eldoret, Nyeri, Kericho, Nakuru and North Eastern).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative and general office management.
- Prepare and implement Branch Annual Work Plan
- Prepare and participate in Branch CPD Events
- Participate in annual ICPAK CPD events that will be held at the respective Branch.
- Maintain an up to date Branch Members Register
- Plan Branch Executive Committee meetings
- Prepare and submit to ICPAK Head Office quarterly status report on the affairs of the Branch.
- Coordinate communication between the Branch and Institute through the Branch Coordinator.
- Provides information by responding to queries brought to the Branch.
- Compile, sort and maintain an up to date file records of office activities, inventory, imprest account, business transactions and the data base systems.
- Receive payments for membership, and seminars and provide proper accounting and banking for all payments.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Participate in activities of the Institute in collaboration with the County governments at the respective region in liaison with the Head Office
- Participate in member recruitment drives in liaison with Head Office including the Customer Service and Marketing department
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce degree or any other business-related degree from a recognized University
- Relevant post graduate qualification, i.e. diploma or certification course
- CPA qualification and membership to ICPAK will be an added advantage
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant working experience in Customer Relations or events management or management of trainings or logistical arrangements
Key Competencies, Knowledge and Personal attributes
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Should be a self-starter and go getter
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints without close supervision
- Drive for results and achievement
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as stipulated above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 25th January 2019.
Candidates must quote their preferred branch.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.