The Kenya Education Network (KENET) is a not-for-profit membership organization incorporated as a Trust under the Trustees (Perpetual Succession) Act, CAP 164. KENET membership is drawn from public and private universities, research institutes, colleges, teaching hospitals and associated government institutions (see https://www.kenet.or.ke).
The Key mandate of KENET is to promote research and education collaboration using a broadband Internet-based platform. KENET is governed through a two-stage governance structure; the Board of Trustees consisting of 11 Trustees (seven of them Vice Chancellors- see https://www.kenet.or.ke/node/10) assisted by a 10-member Management Board. The KENET Management Board has two slots reserved for independent professional representatives.
The Board of Trustees now wishes to appoint a female CPA Management Board Member to fill one of the professional slots. The CPA shall also join the Audit & Risk Committee of Board of Trustees. The appointment is for a period of three (3) years and members are eligible for re-appointment for only one further term.
This is a call to female candidates fitting the role to apply for consideration and nomination by the Institute. The applications shall be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- Have been a member of the Institute in good standing for at least five (5) years;
- Has at two (2) years’ experience in finance, accounting or auditing;
- Has at least two (2) years’ experience in general management;
- Has at least two (2) experience in Board affairs;
- Demonstrated leadership both from corporate and/or social engagements;
- Has a clear vision befitting the role;
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested members who meet the requirements above are requested to apply online via the following link: https://www.icpak.com/application-for-nomination/
The applications portal shall close at midday on Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
Wishing you all successful applications.
CPA EDWIN MAKORI
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER