Our client, The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 and draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
The Chief Manager Member Services (CMMS) shall head the Member Services Division, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and will serve members by planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating communications and information on member programs; managing divisional staff; ensure customer excellence and satisfaction; increase member participation and value addition; customer loyalty; recruitment; member development; manage daily operations and participate in new business development.
The Chief Manager Member Services shall report to the Chief Executive Officer and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying training needs in consultation with other managers and carrying out Seminars
- Developing and implementing E-Learning services at the Institute
- Managing the development and production of products and services created for members
- Coordinating and negotiating arrangements for adding member programs created by other organizations.
- Developing procedures, establishing standards and tracking member activities to ensure member satisfaction.
- Developing and managing marketing plans for the Institute’s products and services
- Developing Marketing strategies to develop and effectively execute all membership recruitment programs
- Streamlining operations and technical aspects of the member services division, provide training to members, oversee marketing campaigns, and customer care needs.
- Coordination in Implementing the training calendar, customer care and marketing plans
- Adhering to the Institute’s policies, standards and business practices, such as high standards of governance and forming trade and community partnerships with appropriate organisations
- Applying the principles of the Institute’s CSR policy in the day-to-day role and implement a robust CSR plan and activities
- Monitoring the performance and productivity of the Member Services staff and provide on-going feedback and training to ensure quality service
- Supervising of the divisional activities including implementation of the Division work plan and Budget
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, communication or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social science field
- Professional qualifications in marketing and/or public relations
- Being Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing will be an added advantage.
- Membership to any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- 8 years of experience in the management of a Member Services or Customer focused function
- Knowledge of member services function and membership recruitment/retention activities and backend processes.
- Strong member service orientation, with the ability to problem solve and proactively identify creative solutions to business/member issues
- Knowledge in customer service, marketing, corporate responsibility and continuous professional development of accountancy profession.
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer savvy
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers
- The ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self-starter
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and ability to persuade people
- Strong analytical skills and experience of interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an effective communicator at all levels in the organization.
- Strong management and supervision skills with ability to supervise a diverse group
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
OR Apply Now
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Friday 25th January 2019.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Eagle HR Consultants DO NOT CHARGE any interview fee(s) to any applicant.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.