INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA (ICPAK)
ATTRACTIVE AND REWARDING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya established in 1978 by the Accountants Act, CAP 531. Since then, ICPAK has been dedicated to development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development. In its endeavor on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking for dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team meant to make it a world class Professional Accountancy Organization.
CHIEF MANAGER, PUBLIC POLICY AND RESEARCH (GRADE 2): -Job Ref: EHC/1300/19
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Manager, Public Policy and Research shall identify key public policy issues in relation to the economy and the accountancy profession, undertake research to develop position papers on issues regarding the Institute and contribute to Kenya’s legislative framework to incorporate good governance and accountability mechanisms. He /She shall undertake initiatives to ensure proactive stakeholder engagement and advocacy for enhanced visibility and recognition of ICPAK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with stakeholder engagement strategy for the Institute
- Undertake initiatives to ensure visibility of the Institute through the office of the CEO locally and internationally;
- Lead research and policy advocacy function of the Institute
- Promoting public education on public policy issues where our expertise is relevant;
- Promote good governance and accountability in Kenya;
- Contribute to the implementation of devolution in Kenya
- Contribute to development of Kenya’s legislative frame work in areas of our expertise
- Contribute to budget making, implementation and monitoring of National and County budgets
- Undertake initiatives that will enhance international recognition of the CPA brand through negotiating Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) and Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with like-minded Institutes for the global recognition of the Institute and its members.
- In charge of the Division’s workplans, budget and procurement plans.
- Monitoring and evaluation of staff performance (Performance Management function) on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly as appropriate to ensure achievement of set targets within agreed timelines.
- Oversee international relations, regional and international linkages on mutual recognition arrangements and partnership and twinning arrangements.
- Provide leadership in monitoring the regulatory environment in Kenya so as to enable ICPAK identify and contribute to any Laws and Regulations that may impact on financial reporting, management and auditing in Kenya.
- Oversight of all the staff in the functional lines of Public Policy and Research
- Mentoring and coaching
- Ensuring exposure to the Public Policy and Research team through staff development and training programs, Mentoring and Coaching, staff rotations and grooming junior officers to be able to take up higher responsibilities.
Technical Competencies & Skills required to perform in the job:
- MS Office Suite – Advanced
- Corporate Governance management skills
- Report writing skills
- Facilitation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Highly analytical
- Strong Risk Management Abilities
- High integrity
- Detail oriented
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Risk control oriented
- Quick Thinker
- Change management skills
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance
Behavioral Competencies required to perform in the job:
- Builds Trust
- Honesty / Fairness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Recognizes Others’ Achievements/Contributions
- Resolves Conflicts Constructively
- Respect for Others
- Supports Diversity and Understands Related Issues
- Understands Others’ Perspectives
- Commitment to Continuous Quality/Process Improvement
- Customer Orientation
- Displays Vision
- Flexibility/Adaptability to Change
In addition, he/she should have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Public Policy and its formulation process
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in Kenya and beyond together with its relevance to the accountancy profession
- Team player and effective team leader
- Ability to deliver with minimal supervision
- Technical proposal writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers and possess Excellent Performance review and analytical methods and techniques
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self-starter
- Must have managed or supervised at least 5 or more staff in the past two years
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- 10 years working experience in Policy Analysis and Development with at least 5 years in a management position.
- 8 years of experience in a Management position in Finance, Auditing, Accounting standards or related areas and exposure in implementation of Corporate Strategic Plans
- A Masters degree in Finance or Public Policy
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, public policy or related fields.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing will be an added advantage
- Membership to any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Experience in leading and managing teams preferably in Finance, Accounting, Policy, Budgeting and Reporting within a diverse, division-based entity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address: email@example.com
OR Apply Now
For further information and full JDs, visit www.eaglehr.co.ke or www.icpak.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 25th September, 2019.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.