THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
BOARD AUDIT COMMITTEE TRAINING
Theme: Audit Committees and Performance – The Nexus.
Date: 18th – 20th September 2019
Venue: Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, Stone Town, Zanzibar
Audit committees play a pivotal role in ensuring the soundness of the overall control environment in an institution. The formation of audit committees has long been a regulatory requirement by many stock markets and government policy frameworks. However, the legal structure with respect to their formation, characteristics, and primary responsibilities remain substantially fuzzy. Further, increasing cases of misappropriation or misallocation of resources, material financial losses from corruption among other vices are increasingly raising concerns over the effectiveness, efficiency, viability and relevance of audit committees.
However, key concerns have arisen;
- Are audit committees properly composed? Do the professional, technical and experience profiles of the Audit committee members matter?
- Are Audit Committees playing their oversight role effectively?
- Are Audit Committees relevant now than any other time before or later?
- Are interests and influence of some key stakeholders impeding the delivery of Audit Committees?
- Are the audit committees and audit functions incapable of keeping pace with the operating environment characterized by discontinuous change, turbulence and inherent complexity?
- Is there latent dissatisfaction with the structure and composition of Audit committees?
To respond to these and many other emerging concerns, ICPAK has organized this training to specifically look at the following key areas.
- The Structure, Formation, Membership and Independence of Audit Committees.
- The Legal Framework of Audit Committee: A Synopsis of the Global Outlook
- The Strategic Role and Terms of Reference of Audit Committees.
- Audit Committee Meetings: Role Play
- The Audit Committee and the Internal Audit Function
- Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Management Policies, Regulatory Framework, Compliance, Controls Environment and Business Continuity.
- Stakeholders and the Audit Committee
- Audit Committees and Digital Revolution – Blockchains, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data.
- Audit Committee and Organizational Performance: How do we know when we get there?
Chairpersons and Members of Audit Committees in National Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, Members of Audit Committees of County Governments (Executives and County Assemblies), Members of Committees of Boards and Commissions of Public, Private and Non- Governmental entities, Non-executive directors, Councils and Commissions other than Audit Committee members, Internal Auditors, Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Strategists, Chief risk officers, Accounting officers, Heads of Departments/Units, Finance Officers, and External Auditors
Kindly note that booking for training is available online at www.icpak.com/events.
|Category||Early Bird Registration
Payment before 5/09/2019
Payments or LPOs / LSOs received after 5/9/2019
|Associate Members/Students||KShs. 60,000||KShs. 70, 000|
|Members||KShs. 95, 000||KShs. 100,000|
|Non Members||KShs. 105, 000||KShs.110, 000|
|International Delegates||1060 USDs||1111 USDs|
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successful attendance and participation.
TRAVEL INFORMATION – (VERY IMPORTANT)
Delegates are requested to check with their respective Embassies/High Commissions for their travel requirements. Where applicable, we shall assist on letters of invitation or any other confirmations that may be needed to facilitate issuance of VISAs and/or travel documents.
- Business Casual
If you have special dietary or religious requirements, or should you need any assistance kindly refer to the event coordinator on email; email@example.com
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reimbursement for Kenyan Delegates
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Kenyan participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
Sponsorships, Partnership Opportunities & Additional Information
This seminar presents a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility before potential targeted customers. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from item sponsorships, exhibitions, advertising and sub-event sponsorship within the major events. Those interested in sponsoring the event can reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Further requests on facilitation can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719074000/307 or via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.