THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Theme: Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Financial Reporting: Disclosures to be included in Financial Statements
Date: 2nd June 2020
Time: 16:00 – 18:00 Hours
COVID- 19 Pandemic has increased business uncertainty and is bound to influence both the way of financial reporting and the content in financial reports. The need for high-quality and reliable financial reports pervades despite the prevailing global circumstances. Paradoxically despite the growing need for guidance to financial reporters, the pandemic has reduced face to face interactions and CPD events. This online course is designed to provide the requisite continuous professional guidance to enhance reporting in this challenging period. The training provides an overview of reporting implications as a result of the pandemic. It lays a foundation for subsequent online training in specific IFRS and IPSAS considering COVID -19 global pandemic.
This online training will allow participants to keep abreast of the financial reporting requirements while maintaining social distance.
This course will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to
- Identify the reporting implications of COVID-19
- Be aware of expected compliance requirements in reporting
- Be able to interpret financial Statements
- Perform specific functional outcomes in reporting;
- Develop an action plan to continue learning to be ready for future changes
At the end of this training, participants should be able to
- Identify the impact of COVID 19 on past financial year reporting
- Align accounting policies with the reporting in light of the global pandemic
- Identify the specific reporting areas and standards impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
- Comprehend the subsequent specific standards training
- Present financial statements compliant with the relevant reporting standards
- Answer specific reporting questions generated from the learning experience
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 1 CPD Units upon successfully completion of the Webinar.
The oWebinar charges are Kshs. 1,000.
Charges will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 733 856 262/ 727 531006 or via email to email@example.com.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.