THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
ANNUAL IFRS WEEK (2DAYS OPTION)
Date: 9th to 10th September 2020
Time: 09:00 to 13:00 hours
CPD Units: 10
Where: Virtual Seminar
The annual IFRS week finds us in the middle of a raging global pandemic – Covid 19.Ramifications of the corona virus disease are far and wide encompassing the way we interact conduct business and even reporting. On this backdrop ICPAK has engaged a team of professionals to deliver the 2020 IFRS week CPD event.
The significance of financial reporting cannot be over emphasized in the contemporary business environment. With the current changing business and economic environment, there is an imperative need for proper reporting of the financial aspects of entities. This will be so as to meet the various objectives of the users of the financial reports produced by the different organizations.
The dynamic nature of the financial reporting standards environment also calls for close attention to the evolving trends in the standard setting arena. New standards are coming up all the time, with revisions and amendments being undertaken to the existing standards every time as well as technological changes that are currently being witnessed during this period of Covid-19. This means that the modern day professional accountant needs to keep abreast with all these developments.
This year’s IFRS week will be marked by the new normal. The training itself will afford participants an opportunity to participate in the new emerging ways of business. Participants will be expected to broaden the horizon and accept continuity is the only option albeit in new models
- Conceptual framework of Accounting- Considering Going concern and the impact of Covid-19
- IFRS 16 Leases:
- Identification, Recognition and Measurement of leases
- Disclosures and Accounting for COVID-19 lease concessions
- IFRS 13 Fair Value measurements and COVID-19 impact on fair values
- Financial reporting consideration: taxing the digitalizing economy
- Financial reporting and information technology
- IFRS 9 and the impact of COVID 19 on credit loss reporting
- Credit loss reporting for Banks and Insurance
- Credit loss reporting for corporates
- Acquire a broad overview of key IFRS definitions and concepts.
- Obtain proficiency in complex IFRS areas including the impact of COVID-19 on various IFRSs
- Apply the fundamental principles of IFRS across a range of accounting topics.
- Understand the accounting impact of the latest standards and amendments issued by the IASB.
What will you get out of it?
- Understanding the implications of adopting recently adopted standards
- Appreciate the going concern basis of preparing financial statements in the light of uncertainties
- Understand the impact of modifications to IFRSs and the impact of COVID-19 economic incentives to financial reporting
- Understand the digital economy and the related tax implications
- Opportunity to ask questions on issues that have arisen in applying IFRS and IFRS for SMEs
- Peer virtual networking with practitioners, public and private accountants as well as other players in the financial reporting arena
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 10 CPD Units upon successfully completion of the Webinar.
The Webinar charges are Kshs. 10,000.
Charges will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 733 856 262/ 727 531006 or via email to email@example.com.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.