THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountants Act, Laws of Kenya)
Board Readiness and Corporate Governance
Date: 31st January 2023
Overview Corporate governance is the term used to describe the balance among participants in the corporate structure who have an interest in the way in which the corporation is run, such as executive staff, shareholders and members of the community. Corporate governance directly impacts the profits and reputation of the company, and having poor policies can expose the company to lawsuits, fines, reputational damage, and loss of capital investment. Being a board member is a very different role from being a senior executive and brings with it added complexity and unique responsibilities. To successfully carry out a board mandate, directors must have a general understanding of the company’s business operations and an appreciation of corporate governance best practices. It is in this appreciation that ICPAK has organized a webinar to bring to the limelight board readiness and governance issues.
• The webinar shall focus on the composition and functioning of a corporate board and what you need to do to be ready to step into the important role of a board member.
• To give an understanding of the broader context in which boards operate and the responsibilities that come with a director’s mandate
• To give an overview of the knowledge and competencies expected from directors in today’s business environment
• To give insights into the changing role of directors and the importance of digital and strategic leadership as an essential part of the role of today’s board
• To explore director-specific competencies that you need to develop in order to contribute to the creation of a high-performing board
• Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
• Demystifying the board: Composition, functions, and key players
• Director roles, responsibilities, obligations and liabilities
This webinar will be useful to all professional Accountants and those aspiring to join the profession
Continuous Professional Development Units (CPD Units):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 2 CPD Units upon successfully attending each of the sessions.
Charges for the training will be Kes 1,000/= which will cover workshop fees, materials, and e-certificates of attendance.
We call on Seminar participants to note that booking for is available only online at www.icpak.com/events and will close two hours before the training session. Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for training sessions is mandatory. This is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone-based application that is available from google store.
National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reimbursement:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)