THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Theme: Establishing Resilient Strategies that Drive Positive Board Culture And Effective Leadership Skills For The Modern-Day Director
Date: 30th September to 2nd October 2020
Venue: Lake Naivasha Resort
A board of directors is an unusual entity in that it is composed entirely of top leaders. This could be a recipe for division, but within the framework of positive board culture, these strong personalities can leverage the group skill set to excellent advantage. The ICPAK Board Training, especially if undertaken by the whole board at the same time, can help board chairpersons and members drive such positive board culture.
As the effects of the Covid 19 Pandemic are coming to the fore, it is a critical time for Board Members, Senior Executives and Aspiring Directors to develop the necessary skills that would necessitate the development of resilient return to work plans as well and strengthen the internal controls for the organizations they oversee. The Board Training will provide an avenue for Directors to share knowledge and key lessons on critical governance aspects regarding the main strategic priorities for businesses in the region during the recovery period, lessons on effective virtual oversight, leadership skills and setting the right tone at the top. The panelists will also share lessons on effective board culture and key considerations for talent retention during a crisis. The ICPAK Board Training will shed light on board-specific strategies to mitigate risk and maximize opportunities. The participants will get the right skills, tools and frameworks for action plans to address challenges and boost their board’s performance.
Internal and external opportunities and challenges mean that boards must sometimes manage change and/or implement new approaches to maintain success. Change management also includes preparation for change, developing winning plans for succession. This Board Training will help your board develop the right strategies for change management and create advance plans for seamless change in times of transitions.
The 3-day seminar is geared to provide a platform for discussions on what works and what does not in terms of board governance, board dynamics and strategic board involvement for all members. The seminar will also touch on other self-leadership skills for success as a Director, including exuding executive presence, mastering the act of self-awareness and emotional intelligence among other pertinent topics as indicated below:
- The essentials of corporate governance best practices:
- Key governance aspects for top performing boards
- Strategic board involvement
- The importance of change management
- Entrenching Board Leadership skills and the drive towards a positive board culture
- Board Resilience: Managing a board during crisis and ensuring forward looking business continuity
- Critical Cyber Security Requirements for Boards in fulfilling their virtual oversight roles
- Effective risk evaluation and mitigation practices to maximize opportunities through strategic board involvement and oversight
- Embedding targeted financial analytics to decision making options by Board Members
- Talent retention strategies during a crisis: Being Intentional, Institutional vs Individual
- Strategic Board Committee Involvement and Meetings
- Conducting effective board meetings: Quorum, Board Agendas, Minutes, Matters Arising
- The journey towards being a successful board member
- Developing your capability to influence and manage board relations
- Competitive advantage and how to leverage it for sustainable success
- Developing skills to navigate through Board dynamics and Board Politics
- Engaging with diverse stakeholder perspectives
- The value of corporate, social and community responsibility.
- Exuding executive presence for effective leadership edge as a Director
- Employing emotional intelligence for success during Board Meetings
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successfully attending all training sessions.
Category Normal Registration
Members Ksh. 60,000
Non-members Ksh. 65,000
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
The training presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from cocktail, gala, media sponsorships, exhibitions and advertising. For more information or enquiries please email email@example.com.
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074000/129 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.