THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Branch Annual Tax Seminar – Mombasa
Date: 14th – 16th November, 2018
Venue: Bliss Resort, Nyali, Mombasa
The signing into law of the Finance Act 2018 has resulted in numerous changes in Kenya’s tax regime. These include the implementation of VAT on petroleum products at 8%, an unprecedented revenue raising move by the National Treasury. Excise Duty has also been revised upwards on services such as money transfer by banks and financial services institutions while 20% tax has been imposed on winnings from gaming, betting and prize competitions. The Act further introduces the National Housing Development Fund levy which is an employee and employer housing levy/contribution of 1.5 per cent up to a maximum of Ksh. 5,000 per month.
These, among other changes, have been received with outcry from the public with many predicting a significant rise in cost of living and decrease in disposable income.
These developments have advised the organization of this workshop to prepare professionals to expertly handle the new tax regime. Topics to be covered include:
- iTax Changes and Advancements
- Waivers and objections and manual processes still in use
- Indirect Tax amendments through the Finance Act 2018
- Direct Tax amendments Through the Finance Act 2018
- Amendments to the Tax Procedures Act and Tax Appeals Tribunal Act
- Amendments to Other Legislation – Accountancy Act, Central Bank of Kenya Act, Banking Act, Retirement Benefits Act and other affected legislation
- Implication of the Finance Act, 2018 to the economy and Tax compliance in the Current Economic Outook
– Need for the government to fund the big four and
– Need to fund the budget with minimal borrowing
- Recent updates on Tax Case Law
Audit and tax practitioners, Personnel handling tax issues in organizations, Representatives from KRA, Tax Payer’s associations, Chief Finance officers, Academia
Kindly note that booking is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available from Google store. Delegates are advised to book early for planning purposes.
Charges for this forum are as provided below:
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units
Members of ICPAK will earn 20 CPD points upon successful attendance. Enquiries may be directed to us via telephone on +254 732 352476 or via email to email@example.com.