THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountants Act, Laws of Kenya)
VIRTUAL CFOs FORUM
Theme: Corporate Resilience in a Post-pandemic Business Environment
Date: 2nd March 2021
Time: 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm
The Covid-19 Pandemic has proven to be a historic challenge to most organizations across the world. All sectors of the global economy have been disrupted and this has severely impacted the initially sound business models and threatening the survival of many companies within a very short time. In the face of this momentous crisis, companies require to be agile and quick in building resilience by tactically pursuing quick recovery strategies, despite the volatile business environment that is frantically struggling to get back to stability.
With a better understanding of the effects of the pandemic in the region and across the globe, it is now time for Business Leaders supported by well-informed CFOS to craft a sound return to profitability model for the various entities impacted negatively by the pandemic.
The CFO forum will provide a platform for CFOs to share key lessons regarding the key strategic and financial priorities for businesses in the region during the recovery period. The forum discussants will share experiences in strengthening liquidity positions, intervention for better working capital management and role of digital transformation in pivoting the already stressed business models past the adverse effects of the pandemic. Top in the list of priority items is the hot topic on how CFOs and business leaders can future proof their business and profit models by taking concrete strategic actions now in preparation for a potentially disrupted future.
The forum proceedings will also cover a forward-looking discussion on megatrends that will impact the financial performance of businesses and point towards the possible solutions to the depressed revenues and profits arising from the pandemic.
- Financial priorities for successful business transition from the global disruption
- Business Continuity Planning and setting up resilient internal controls in the wake of the pandemic
- Embedding continuous financial risk management practices to day to day business operations for success
- Effective human resource management – talent retention and maintaining a healthy finance function workforce amidst the pandemic
- Pertinent financial governance and leadership skills that will enable modern day CFOs to navigate tumultuous situations
- The role of digital transformation in pivoting the already stressed business models past the adverse effects of the pandemic
- Digitizing the finance function to enable the business to survive the disruption
- Embracing technological innovations to navigate the post pandemic environment
- Leveraging automation to control costs and improve working capital levels
Who Should Attend:
C- Level Executives and their equivalents in both public and private sectors.
Members of ICPAK and those from reciprocating professional bodies will earn 4 Structured CPD Units upon full attendance.
National Industrial Training Authority (Nita) Reimbursement:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074000/129 or via email email@example.com