THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
FINANCIAL REPORTING: IFRS9 – Classifications and Measurements
Venue: Online Video
The purpose of this Webinar on IFRS 9 Financial Instruments is to take the participants through the broad aspects of recognizing, classifying, measuring and derecognition of the financial instruments.
Some of the changes introduced in the new standard include model for classification and measurement, a single, forward-looking ‘expected loss’ impairment model as well as a substantially reformed approach to hedge accounting.
In addition, the webinar addresses the important aspects of how to account for and report impairment of financial instruments and hedging.
This course will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to:
- How to account for and report impairment of financial instruments and hedging
- Classification and measurement of financial instruments
- Recognition and De-recognition of Financial instruments
- An overview of Hedge accounting
- Transitional provisions and Disclosures
- Discuss the recognition criteria of financial instruments and its implication on the accounting treatment of financial instruments.
- Explain the rules and guidelines on the classification of financial assets and financial liabilities and implication on measurement at recognition and end of period.
- Describe the accounting treatment and reporting of impairment losses on financial assets and the computation of expected credit losses.
- Discuss the different types of hedges and their accounting treatment and presentation in financial statements.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 3 CPD Units upon successfully completion of the video
The online Video charges are Kshs. 3,500.
Charges for IFRS 9 online video will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for video is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
Access the course at https://icpak.bafunde.com/courses/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.