THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
BRANCH PRACTITIONERS FORUM, MOMBASA
DATE: 30th – 31stMay, 2017
VENUE: Best Western Creekside Hotel, Mombasa
Audit and accounting practitioners are tasked with the sensitive yet fundamental responsibility of overseeing the proper management of funds as well as supporting financial decision making in all sectors of the economy. The scope of work covered by practitioners continues to grow as business and organizational landscapes transform exponentially.
The success of audit firms depends on the quality of service delivered by practitioners and this in turn stems from flawless running of all arms of business. As a result, practitioners wear many different hats in an attempt to manage and grow their firms. A firm’s core business is auditing yet they have to possess skill in other fields such as human resource management, information technology and customer care. While large practices can afford to hire personnel to specifically handle non-core aspects of the business, smaller firms have to multi task.
This year’s forum will tackle both audit concerns and non-core business management skills to equip practitioners with a competitive advantage.
Learning Outcomes of the forum:
- Overview of the Suite of New and Revised Auditor Standards including ISA 700: Forming an Opinion and Reporting on Financial Statements, ISA 570 (Revised), Going Concern and ISA 260 (Revised), Communication with Those Charged with Governance
- ISA 701: Communicating Key Audit Matters in the Independent Auditor’s report – determination of KAM, compliance with the standard, its impact on stakeholders, those charged with responsibility
- Other assurance and audit related engagements – additional standards related to assurance as well as reviews and agreed upon procedures
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Running an effective practice – Positioning of Firms, Customer Relationship Management and Human Resource Management
Practicing Members, Aspiring Practitioners, Staff of Audit and Accountancy Firms, Financial Consultants and Academia
Kindly note that booking for the Branch Practitioners Forum, Mombasa is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available on Google store. Delegates are advised that bookings close on 29thMay, 2017.
Charges for this workshop are as provided below:
5.0 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units
Members of ICPAK will earn 14 CPD points upon successful attendance. Further information on this workshop is available online at www.icpak.com. Enquiries may be directed to us via telephone on +254 770 130549 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.