THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
EVENING TALK – CENTRAL RIFT
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
Date: 3rd May 2017
VENUE: To be confirmed
TIME: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Without rich descriptions of leaders, we are left with stereotype definitions of how leaders walk, talk and work. Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is the unusual identifier that sets star performers apart from the rest of the pack even though many believe this is an absurdity that tries to malign people. Reality however is that Emotional Intelligence affects how we manage behavior, navigate social complexities and make personal decisions that achieve better results both at home and in the work place. As a leader, are you aware of your personal and social competencies or does this work for you by default? Are you in tune with yourself and your emotions? Do you have a sound situational awareness? What of people management – how do you create culture of trust by giving employees a vested interest in the organization’s success?
To dialogue on emotional intelligence and its associated components, ICPAK has organized a forum for you to come and learn how to improve your interactions with colleagues and clients. You will also learn how to apply emotional intelligence to specific leadership situations to gain the authority and success need for everyday connections.
At the end of the forum, you will be able to:
- Gain an honest and accurate scorecard of yourself; Monitor and adapt your own emotions and behaviours for your benefit.
- Develop high-performance, emotionally intelligent teams; Eliminate adverse attitudes and behaviours that slow your routine;
- Enhance communication and influencing skills to create trusting and engaging relationships with colleagues and clients
- Appreciate the value of optimism and making it a feature of your daily life; have a positive influence on the emotions and motivation of others.
- Understand and apply the psychology of leadership.
Accountants, Auditors, Associate members, Young professionals, Practicing Members and the public.
Kindly note that booking for the Evening Talk is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available from google store. Delegates are urged to note that the bookings close on 28th February 2017 at 1700 hrs
The charges for this event are as below:
Associate Members 2,000
Continuous Professional Development Units
Members of ICPAK and other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 3 CPD Hours upon successfully attending the event.