THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Excel & Financial Modelling Practical Skills Workshop – Advanced
Venue: TBC, Mombasa
Beyond being a data collection and storage tool, Excel’s functionalities make it an excellent data analysis and presentation tool. Numerous formulas embedded in the application allow users to crunch data and develop solutions to complex challenges. Advanced Excel and Financial Modelling skills particularly set apart professions in the finance and accounting fields as they are able to provide insight from multifaceted data using exceptional presentations.
Having previously practiced basic Excel skills, this workshop will delve into more advances Excel and Financial Modelling practical skills. Specific areas to be covered are:
- Excel Power Query Review: Power Query & Excel, Power BI & Concepts
- Data Sources: Querying Relational Databases, Extracting Data From Files
- Transforming Data With Power Query: Query Steps, Working with Columns, Filtering Rows & Un-pivoting.
- Working with Multiple Queries: Working with Data From Different External Data Sources, Merging two queries & Explicit Calculated Field
- Data Modelling: Key Fields, creating & Managing Relationships, Linked tables & Hierarchies
NB: To practically follow the sessions, delegates are requested to carry laptops with Microsoft Excel 2016 pre-installed
Accountants, Auditors, Management Accountants, Associate members, practicing members, Academia, Financial Advisors, Consultants
Kindly note that booking is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available from Google store. Delegates are advised to book early for planning purposes.
Charges for this forum are as provided below:
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units
Members of ICPAK will earn 14 CPD points upon successful attendance. Enquiries may be directed to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.