THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Financial Modelling Workshop – Coast Branch
Date: 18th – 19th October, 2018
Venue: Royal Court Hotel, CBD, Mombasa
Financial modelling is the process by which an organization combines finance, accounting and business metrics to create a summary representation of some or all aspects of its operations. Microsoft Excel is undoubtedly one of the most versatile and widely used financial modelling tools worldwide. Most accounting systems extract data to Microsoft Excel Reports which are then used for performance analysis and projections. Excel functionalities are therefore crucial in enabling finance and accounting professionals to play their role of aiding management decision making processes.
While it is important that professionals across the board be conversant with Microsoft Excel, for professionals in reporting-related roles, financial modelling skills make the difference between standard performance and excellence. For example, knowledge of pivot table functionalities would enable the summarization and hence analysis of bulk data in a matter of seconds.
This two day financial modelling workshop will provide delegates with an overview of Excel’s functionalities through interactive sessions and examples of spreadsheet techniques. These will equip delegates to use pivot tables, audit and analyse worksheet data, utilize data tools, collaborate with others, and create and manage macros.
NOTE: Participants will be required to bring laptops as part of the learning tools for this seminar
Specific areas to be covered include:
- Financial Modelling Basics – What is best practice, Layout tips
- Getting and Transforming Data – Sourcing your data, Source data best practice, Preparing Source data
- Key Functions and Formulas – Logic, Text and Temporal Functions; Conditional Math, VLookups, Sorting and Filtering
- Range Names, Data Validation and Error Checks – Contiguous data, Excel tables and data validation.
- Viewing, Linking and Protection – External links, worksheet protection and hiding formula
- Data Analysis – Creating and formatting PivotTable; Using calculated fields in PivotTable
- Data Visualization – Building Column, Bar, Pie and Line charts; Creating Pivot charts
Accountants, Auditors, Associate members, practicing members, Academia, Financial Advisors, Consultants
Kindly note that booking is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available from Google store. Delegates are advised to book early for planning purposes.
Charges for this forum are as provided below:
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Units
Members of ICPAK will earn 14 CPD points upon successful attendance. Enquiries may be directed to us via email through email@example.com.