INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under cap 531 of the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
FINANCIAL REPORTING & MANAGEMENT SEMINAR FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
Theme: Enhancing Accountability in the Building and Infrastructure Sector
Venue: English Point Marina – Mombasa
Date: 17th – 19th October, 2018
Time: 9am – 4pm daily
The building and construction sector contributes 4.8% of the Kenyan economic output (GDP). The population growth statistics also paint a rosy future for the construction industry. With the global population predicted to hit 9 billion by 2010, and 2 out of every 3 people living in cities by then, the demand for construction has never been greater. Worldwide, construction is already one of the largest industry sectors, accounting for more than 11 percent of global GDP and expected to grow to 13.2 percent by 2020, according to reliable studies undertaken in 2014.
However, focusing on this strong demand obscures a more precarious reality. Underlying challenges in productivity, profitability, performance, labour, and sustainability pose a threat to the industry’s growth. Organizations which will address these challenges effectively and re-engineer their business processes will be poised for significant growth. Businesses that fail to take the challenges seriously, however, will face an uphill battle for viability and long-term survival.
It is in view of the above that the Institute has organized this inaugural seminar to address some of the notable issues facing the construction industry, especially those related to financial reporting demands.
- To equip participants with the required knowledge of IFRS, IPSAS and Integrated Reporting in the construction industry
- Update participants on the new regulatory developments affecting the housing and infrastructure sectors.
- Learn on effective project management in the building and construction sector
Financial Reporting in the Construction Sector
- IFRS 15 – Revenue from contracts with customers
- Changing from IAS 11 – Construction contracts and IAS 18 – Revenue
- IFRS 13 – Fair Value Measurement
Regulatory Requirements and the Economic Impact
- The role of the Construction Authority in ensuring an orderly construction sector
- The contribution of the construction sector to economic growth and the BIG-4 Agenda
Project Management Insights
- Effective management and supervision of construction projects
- Beyond Compliance – Managing Environmental and Social Risks
- Impact of taxation on the construction industry
- Deferred tax considerations in the building and construction sector
- Understanding Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Tapping into capital from REITs; understanding the historical risks and their returns
- Managing legal risks in construction contacts
- Effective contract management
The conference will be beneficial to Managers, Accountants, Budget Officers, Auditors, Monitoring & Evaluation Experts, Finance Managers and the Academia in the construction industry.
|Early Bird Registration (Booking & Payment before 3rd October 2018||Normal Registration (Booking & Payment after 3rd October 2018)|
These charges cover conference fees, writing material and meals during the conference.
CPD Credit: 20 Hours.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
Partnership Opportunities & Additional Information
This workshop presents a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility before potential targeted customers. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from item sponsorships, exhibitions, advertising and sub-event sponsorship within the major event. The workshop intends to attract over 40 participants drawn from both the public and private sectors presenting a rare chance for exhibitors and sponsors. Those interested in sponsoring the event can reach us through email@example.com
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719074100/129 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates on the Seminar