THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
FINANCIAL REPORTING WEEK
DATE: 9th to 11th September 2019
VENUE: Hilton Hotel – Nairobi
TIME: 8.30am to 4.00pm
The past year saw the implementation of new standards on revenue and financial instruments under IFRS framework and employee benefits under IPSAS. Most important public sector entities and not for profit organization were in the past year required by law to move to accrual-based reporting standards. ICPAK’s 2019 IFRS week thus provides a platform for multisector engagement in continuous professional development avails fusion of reporting in public sector, private sector and not for profit organizations while addressing the unique features in these varying entities. The IFRS week affords an interaction with the technical specialist as well as peer professionals in learning for impact.
The IFRS week is a five-day program covering accounting standards for SME’s, public sector entities as well as the main IFRSs. The program has been designed in such a way that participants may opt to attend the full week training or opt for two or three days of the training with each choice assuring a balance between public, private and not for profit reporting.
- IFRS 9 and IPSAs 41 Financial instruments – transitional issues and implementation challenges for private sector entities as well as preparation steps for public sector entities
- IFRS 16 Leases – calculations, transition, issues expected by preparers of financial statements in the first year of mandatory implementation
- Revenue recognition for not for profit organizations public and private sector entities
- Accounting policies changes in accounting estimates and errors ( IAS 8 /IPSAS 3/Sec10 IFRS for SMEs)
- Public-private partnership ( IPSAS 32) reporting in grantors financial statements
- Integrated & Sustainability & Environmental Reporting
- IAS24/ IPSAS20/ Sec33 IFRS for SMEs: related parties
- Overview of standards (IFRSs, IPSAs, and IFRS for SMEs
- IPSAS 5/IAS23/Sec 25 IFRS for SMEs: borrowing cost
- Recent Exposure Drafts issued by IASB & IPSASB
What will you get out of it?
- Understanding the implications of adopting recently issued standards
- major problem areas likely to arise in current and future use of IFRS, IPSAS, and IFRS for SMEs
- The potential impact of proposed changes to IFRS, IPSAS, and IFRS for SMEs
- increased confidence in applying new IFRS, IPSAS, and IFRS for SMEs
- Opportunity to ask questions on issues that have arisen in applying IFRS, IPSAS, and IFRS for SMEs
- Peer networking with practitioners public and private accountants as well as other players in the financial reporting arena
Financial Accountants, Finance Directors and Mangers, IFRS Experts, Transaction Advisors, Pension Scheme Administrators, Fund Managers, Engagement Partners and Key Audit staff, Banking, Extractive and SMEs sector accountants
Kindly note that booking for the Financial Reporting Week is available either online at www.icpak.com/events.
The Charges for The Annual Financial Reporting Week which cover workshop materials, meals, and e-certificates of attendance is as provided under:
|SEMINAR FEES in KSH.|
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS – CPDs
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 21 CPD units upon successfully attending all seminar sessions.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
The conference presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from cocktail, gala, media sponsorships, exhibitions and advertising. For more information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074000/129/311 or via email to: email@example.com with a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.