THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
IPSAS Seminar – Nairobi
Venue: Hilton Hotel – Nairobi
Date: 25th – 26th July 2019
Efficient public financial management enables the provision of essential public services to citizens towards raising living standards. It further ensures continuous economic development and proper governance of the country. Since the enactment of devolution in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, PFM in Kenya has faced new forms of challenges especially in accountability by county governments.
As the government strives to establish proper systems, individuals working within the systems should also hone their knowledge and skills to complement these efforts. Mastery of the relevant standards in accounting and financial reporting, particularly IPSAS, is therefore crucial in supporting the move towards stellar management of public funds.
This workshop is tailored to improve the quality of general purpose financial reporting by public sector entities as well as keep professionals informed on the dynamic financial reporting field. Specific areas of focus include:
- IPSAS Overview/Guideline/Implementation in Kenya – Reflecting on the 5 year journey
- IPSAS 1: Presentation of Financial Statements – gaps identified from the FiRe Award 2018; Changes made by PSASB in the 2018 illustrative financial statements; related guidance that impact presentation of financial statements.
- IPSAS 39: Employee Benefits – Ensuring compliance with pension obligations; Measurement and recognition as well as presentation and disclosure issues.
- Overview of Developments in IPSAS – IPSAS 42: Social Benefits (effective January 1, 2022, with earlier adoption encouraged)
- Recommended Practice Guidance under IPSAS Accrual – Reporting on the long term sustainability of an entity’s finances, financial statements discussion and analysis, and reporting service performance
- Group Session: Safeguarding public resources – Assess the impact of the application of IPSAS on your organization; Practical implications and challenges of an IPSAS conversion project – Accounting for assets and liabilities; Fostering an enabling environment for Conversion – Culture, resources and processes
Professional accountants working in public sector entities, Accountants, Auditors, Associate members, Practicing members, Academia, Financial Reporting Consultants
|Category||Early Bird Registration
Booking & Payment on or before 10th July 2019
Booking & Payment or LSO/LPO received by ICPAK after 10th July 2019
|Associate Members /Accountant trainees||Ksh. 10,000||Ksh. 11,000|
|Kenyan based Members/ACCA Members and IFAC, PAOs||Ksh. 15,000||Ksh. 16,000|
|Non-members & International Delegates||Ksh. 25, 000||Ksh. 26,000|
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 14 CPD Units upon successfully attending all seminar sessions.
E. National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reimbursement for Kenyan Delegates
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Kenyan participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyans.
F. Partnership Opportunities.
This seminar presents a good opportunity for organizations to showcase their products and services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. It presents a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. For more information or enquiries please email Raphael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074000/100/129 or via email to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.