THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Optimising Internal Audit Value in the New World (RECORDING)
Date: 24th July 2020
Time: 16:00 – 17:00 Hours
With the gradual lifting of containment measures in countries, relaxation of lockdowns, strict social distancing and the transition to a “new normal,” nations are now faced with rising unemployment, underemployment and worse labor market conditions. The spread of COVID-19 has created a new harsh reality for businesses and ways of working are evolving rapidly. Internal Audit departments are now called to adapt with these unprecedented times, to stand by the side of the management and to reassess risks and priorities whilst boost the value it brings to the table.
• With these unprecedented times, how will the IA respond when asked to help with support work that might challenge their position on independence?
• Through remote working how can IA continue to deliver high quality reviews?
• How will IA gather evidence whilst remote working?
• How will IA assess the reliability of evidence provided whilst remote working?
• With the new normal not limited to remote working and remote data analysis, how can IA continue to maintain corporate presence?
• With the new normal what should IA consider once the crisis has abated?
• With the new normal, how should IA functions keep staff motivated and supported whilst working in remote environments?
• With stakeholders competing priorities, how can IA continue to provide assurance to organizations?
1) Impact of Covid-19 disruptions on Internal Audit
2) Bean Counting or bean growing? The internal Auditors dilemma
3) Risk management in light of a pandemic – preparing and responding to a black swan
4) Remote auditing procedures and audit evidence in times of remote working
5) Role of Internal Audit in Business Continuity Planning
6) Responding to Cybersecurity Risks in the Covid-19 pandemic
7) Automating Internal Audit function
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Internal audit professionals at any level within the organizational or department, including chief audit executives, internal audit staff and IT auditors. The training is designed to educate those in the internal audit function, risk officers and CFOs at public and private companies alike.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 1 CPD Unit upon successfully completion of the Webinar.
The Webinar charges are Kshs. 1,000.
Charges will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 733 856 262/ 727 531006 or via email to email@example.com.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.