THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
ADVANCED BUDGETING, PLANNING AND FORECASTING
VENUE: TBC – Garissa
TIME: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Increasing uncertainty, rapid rates of change and fierce competition are creating an ever more challenging business environment. Traditional budgetary and forecasting processes are struggling to cope in this environment. The Forum aims to examine the causes of budgetary and forecast difficulties and considers alternative techniques and processes more fit for purpose.
The Forum will focus:
- Planning for uncertainties and instabilities in the business environment
- taking account of what’s not in our control: external macroeconomic and political impacts and competition
- Difficulties we encounter in budgeting: management disaffection, lack of transparency, constant reforecasting and forecast error.
- substituting science for guesswork – statistical and non-statistical techniques to improve accuracy
- alternatives approaches – Rolling forecasts, Driver-based, Activity-based and Output budgets
- Capex budgetary considerations.
What will you get out of it?
- An understanding of the key (and sometimes hidden) pressures on budgeting and forecasting
- alternative processes and techniques that address the limitations of traditional approaches
- binding the budget, the business plan and our strategy more tightly
- creating a process that is more transparent, management friendly and involving.
Accountants, Auditors, Associate members, Young professionals, Practicing Members and the public.
Kindly note that booking for the Evening Talk is available either online at www.icpak.com/events. Delegates are urged to note that the bookings close on 20th January 2020 at 1700 hrs
The charges for this event are as below:
Associate Members 1,500
Continuous Professional Development Units
Members of ICPAK and other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 3 CPD Hours upon successfully attending the event.