THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Public Sector Budgeting Seminar – Recording
Date: 26th -27th October 2022
Public Sector Budgeting is a critical process in the operations of the government. Emerging trends and developments, coupled with the need for public sector bodies to rethink priorities will make budgeting and service delivery decisions even more difficult in the coming years. The Public Financial Management Reforms (PFMR) Strategy aims to build on the success of PFM reforms to date and unblock these challenges with a vision for a public finance management system that is efficient, effective, and equitable for transparency, accountability, and improved service delivery.
To curb the budgeting challenges in the public sector, stringent measures have been put in place that reflect the best practices, outline roles and responsibilities, and define overall goals on how the governmental unit’s finances are handled.
It is against this background that the Institute recognizes the importance of effective public sector budgeting and has organizes a seminar to discuss critical matters on the subject. This virtual symposium will focus on;
- Impact of the 2022 general elections on the public financial management cycle – budgeting, budget execution, planning and delivery of services and how it impacts on key financial/operational risks.
- Preparation of public sector budgets and service plans in difficult times by making realistic choices about priorities and thus make best use of limited resources.
- Linking budgets to service priorities.
- Deployment of budgetary control and operational performance management as tools to manage public services
(including setting/using KPIs and when/how to deal with budget overspends and unfavorable service delivery outcomes)
- Budgeting and budgeting techniques
- Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA)
- Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF)
- Integrated Budget Performance Measurement Systems
- Cost Analysis for Budgetary Purposes
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) and its application in budgeting
- Challenges of Budgeting process
- Budget planning, implementation, and controls
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 10 Structured CPD Units upon successfully completion of the Webinar.
The Webinar charges are Kshs. 10,000. Charges will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/Online Booking
We call on Seminar participants to note that booking for is available only online at www.icpak.com/events and will close two hours before the training session. Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for training sessions is mandatory.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074 000, (+254) 733 856262 or via email to email@example.com.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com for updates.