THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Remote Auditing: A Guide for Practitioners
Date: 23rd May 2020
Time: 11:00 – 13:00 Hours
PURPOSE OF TRAINING
To discuss offering audit/assurance services remotely in light of the impact of Covid-19 on physical contact
WHAT IS THE ISSUE?
• Lockdowns, loss of revenue, increased credit risks, loan restructuring, slump in equity markets, currency fluctuations, liquidity risks, etc.
• Possible delay in flow of information or lack of external audit evidence.
WHAT IS THE IMPACT?
• Significant accounting, audit and reporting implications for preparers and auditors of financial statements.
• Practitioners to understand the potential impact and respond accordingly
HOW DO WE RESPOND?
• Increased professional skepticism
• Alternative procedures
OVERVIEW OF THE TRAINING
- Impact of remote auditing on professional skepticism and physical verification requirements
- Reporting accounting estimates, impairment, fair value, subsequent events, and going concern in the current environment
- Managing audit team interactions in a virtual environment.
- Handling virtual communications with clients in a struggling environment of cash flow, work forces and health and safety procedures.
- Embracing the new normal: virtual on-camera discussions and interviews with clients, concerns with virtual accuracy, completeness, relevance and reliability of remote audit evidence.
Kshs. 1,000 for ICPAK Members, partners and reciprocating member bodies.
Charges will cater for online access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 1.0 Structured CPD point upon successfully attending the webinar.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
We encourage you to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates on the e-learning platform.