THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountants Act, Laws of Kenya)
THE 28TH EXECUTIVE SEMINAR
DATE: 31ST OCTOBER – 4TH NOVEMBER 2022
Theme: Establishing value through improvement of executive leadership skills for organizational resilience and growth
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
The Annual Executive Seminar is a premier conference hosted by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with the goal of congregating senior corporate and public sector leaders for candid conversations on emerging trends and challenges faced by their organizations. Now on its 28th edition, the Seminar boasts of having successfully benchmarked Kenya against select top performing cities around the world and having engaged prominent speakers to facilitate the seminars. This strategy has resulted in the transformation of delegates’ perspectives and a steering towards embracing innovative and effective solutions to common challenges facing the accountancy profession in Africa.
THIS YEAR’S FOCUS: ESTABLISHING VALUE THROUGH IMPROVEMENT OF EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP SKILLS FOR ORGANIZATIONAL RESILIENCE AND GROWTH
Executive leadership is critical for the success of every organization. Executives provide guidance in policy formulation and implementation, entrenchment of key control initiatives and the approval and implementation of innovative ideas and budgeting for the organization they oversee. While providing such leadership, it is important for leaders to employ different tactics in managing the employees and other managers within the organizations. Delegation is a critical skill which if well attained by executive leaders will spur creativity and performance of employees while at the same time enhancing the overall performance of the organization.
The Executive Seminar will provide an avenue for senor leaders to share knowledge and key lessons on critical governance aspects regarding the main strategic priorities for businesses in the region during the recovery period, lessons on effective virtual oversight and the governance of human capital, key technological trends that would assist the business in effective decisions making and the role of executives in financial reporting, taxation, and audit processes. The seminar will also focus on important financial management considerations for organizations such as maintaining an optimal liquidity ratio and sustainability considerations for organizations. Participants will share knowledge on effective communication strategies that enhance value and brand positioning as well as networking tips for success.
The panelists will also share lessons on effective self-leadership skills, entrenching an unquestionable character and value system and the importance of coaching and mentorship in the organizations they lead. Leadership begins with self-leadership. Executives cannot lead others unless they can lead themselves. Wisdom in leadership is the capacity to make trade-offs among competing positions. Leaders must understand the tensions among the values that drive choices in their world. Leaders make better decisions when they clarify their values, understand why others hold different values or priorities and recognize how to navigate the tensions among values in their own roles and organizations. The decisions leaders make are never purely economic or technical, but moral. To lead effectively, executives need time and space to clarify and test their values.
The ICPAK Executive Seminar will also shed light on the practice of embedding the ERM Framework to the core business functions to achieve successful delivery of the strategy and improvement of the internal control framework within organizations. The seminar will also discuss specific strategies to mitigate risk and maximize opportunities. The participants will get the right skills, tools, and frameworks for action plans to address challenges and boost their leadership’s performance.
The one-week seminar is geared to provide a platform for discussions on what works and what does not in terms of governance, management dynamics and strategic leadership skills and involvement for all members. The seminar will also touch on other pertinent topics as indicated below:
- The interrelationship between growth, productivity, and profitability
- Essentials of Corporate Governance in steering the organization towards achievement of its strategic objectives
- Effective Leadership skills for Board members in a time of crisis.
- The role of executive leaders in cushioning organizations post the elections: Formulation of critical plans for organizational implementation post the elections
- The role of the organizational leaders in understanding and contributing to improvement of audit opinions- An overview of cross cutting audit issues and the value of board involvement in decision making.
- Important financial management considerations in an uncertain environment
- Working Capital Management
- Profitability vs financial sustainability
- Establishing resilient and streamlined internal controls to mitigate emerging risks.
- Role of the executive management in climate change; Leading the way to a sustainable future
- Leveraging on technology to create value in business decisions and strategic actions
- Use of Business Analytics
- Business Intelligence Tools and Integration
- Effective ERP Systems
- Trends and approaches towards effective delegation for leaders
- The role of change management in accelerating innovation initiatives
- Utilizing effective communication skills to enhance brand positioning for leaders.
- Networking tips and strategies for executive leaders
- Coaching and mentorship strategies for leaders
|Kenyan based Members/ACCA||Kshs. 170,000|
|International Delegates||USD 1800|
**Note: Delegates are required to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Board Members, Members of Board Committees, CEOs, GMs, Managing Directors, Heads of Government Units and Parastatals, Governors of County Governments and Senators, Members of Various Committees, Senior Management, and other interested participants.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successfully attending all seminar sessions.
For non-Kenyan delegates, please enquire with your embassy on the travel requirements. ICPAK shall avail invitation letters to support delegates VISA processing. To request for one, email: email@example.com
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
We encourage delegates to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.