INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
THE 4TH NATIONAL LADY ACCOUNTANTS CONFERENCE
Theme: From Good to Great, Critical Leadership Skills to Enhance Growth for Women in Turbulent Times
Date: 28th to 30th October 2020
Venue: Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa, Mombasa
Time: 9.00am -4.00pm
Women are faced with big challenges in the corporate world and in business among which include; managing many roles and the expectation to multi task, taking risks and rationalizing the risk – return decisions, playing the game while navigating corporate politics, fighting gender stereotypes and injustice at the workplace among other challenges.
The personal life of women tends to suffer due to work commitments or vice-versa. A modern-day woman struggles to strike a balance between work and family life, often sacrificing the latter to succeed and gain status within the workplace and significantly less than their male co-workers, too. On the other end of the spectrum, women still find themselves in the same dead-end position years later, because they must juggle the many roles performed both at home and in the office.
Women leaders are transformational and function as important role models for their subordinates and counterparts. Naturally, they inspire their team and spend a lot of time on coaching and impacting skills for team success. All this while also managing self and navigating headwinds to emerge successful in the corporate world. Owing to this, personal development is a key requirement and an anchor to keep the modern-day female leader upskilled and motivated to perform all the intertwined roles.
Critical leadership skills for women including effective communication skills, leveraging on emotional intelligence for success, corporate governance and professionalism at the workplace and the mastery of technical skills are important subjects for women as they seek to rise through the growth trajectory.
From experience, the main benefits of attending the Lady Accountants Conference with your team include sharpening of leadership skills and solidifying the growth and learning process, learning & connecting with team members, infusion of a team motivation spirit and obviously leveraging on the important networking platform.
It against this backdrop that ICPAK has lined up the Lady Accountants Conference to focus on key areas that enhance the skills enumerated above among others as listed in the topical areas below. The seminar themed: ‘’From good to great, critical leadership skills to enhance growth for women in turbulent times’’ is geared towards offering a platform for lady CPAs, CFOs, CEOs, Board Members, Political and Business Leaders to interact, network, learn, share experiences and build alliances to advance their growth and influence both at the work place and in society.
1) Financial analytics skills for impactful and factual decision making for women leaders
2) Overview of Accounting Standards as a tool for the modern-day lady accountant
3) Critical leadership skills for women leaders
• Resilience and Reinvention- Overcoming hardships and challenges, how do we bounce back?
• Harmony & Belonging – Diversity, Inclusion & Gender Flexibility
• Vulnerability, Bravery, Courage, Daring to Lead
4) Leveraging on Emotional Intelligence for impactful women leadership
• Using EI to navigate complex relationships
• Using EI to build trust and enhance team performance
• Managing yourself and leading others
• Using EI to handle difficult situations and build relationships
5) Navigating daily life challenges to increase impact and influence in leadership
• Developing a visibility plan
• Leading change management
• Navigating gender parity issues in the workplace
6) Preparing for board and executive appointments
• The mastery of critical technical skills for success
• Personal development planning
• Effective networking principles
7) Ethical leadership and corporate governance principles in the digital age
8) Governance of Human Capital and the case for work from home initiatives for women
9) Effective use of technology to enhance quality of work, time management and brand positioning
10) Embracing professionalism for success in the corporate world
• How to earn respect as a female leader
• Board room communication skills as a tool for female leaders
• How to Dress, Act and Speak like a Lady
11) Role of women leaders in climate change; Leading the way to a sustainable future
3.0 FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
|1||Associate Members||kshs. 45,000 per delegate|
|2||Full Members /ACCA Members||Kshs. 55,000 per delegate|
|3||Non-Member||Kshs. 65,000 per delegate|
The charges are exclusive of transport and accommodation; therefore, delegates are expected to make their own arrangements.
5.0 CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successfully attending all conference sessions.
6.0 NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
7.0 PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The conference presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from cocktail, gala, media sponsorships, exhibitions and advertising. For more information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further requests can be directed to us via telephone calls on +254 719 074000//129/ email to email@example.com