INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
THE 5TH NATIONAL LADY ACCOUNTANTS CONFERENCE
Theme: Upskilling women for sustainable leadership practices
Date: 27th September to 1st October 2021
Venue: Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa, Mombasa
Time: 9.00am -3.30pm
We are in an environment of changing commodity prices, complex socio-environment dynamics, and increasing interest in sustainability. Organizations are striving to identify better and more responsible business practices that also contribute to a healthy bottom line. Increasingly, companies are recognizing that equitable participation from men and women—as managers, employees, suppliers, and partners in community growth—will play a key role in realizing their goals for sustainable, responsible, and profitable business. Institutional investors and multilateral banks have also started to recognize gender as a factor in their investment decisions.
Critical leadership skills for women including effective communication skills, leveraging on emotional intelligence for success, corporate governance and professionalism at the workplace and the mastery of technical skills are important subjects for women as they seek to rise through the growth trajectory. It is simply impossible to become a great leader without being a great communicator. Great leaders might talk about their ideas, but they do so in a way which also speaks to your emotions and your aspirations. Research findings did show that, inappropriate communication was cited as the number one mistake leaders make. Too often women leaders either don’t communicate, over-communicate, communicate inappropriately through outbursts, anger, or blaming, or simply don’t communicate clearly.
It against this backdrop that ICPAK has lined up the Lady Accountants Conference to focus on key areas that enhance the skills enumerated above among others as listed in the topical areas below. The seminar themed: ‘’Upskilling women for sustainable leadership practices’’ is geared towards offering a platform for lady CPAs, CFOs, CEOs, Board Members, Political and Business Leaders to interact, network, learn, share experiences, and build alliances to advance their growth and influence both at the workplace and in society.
The conference will focus on:
1. An overview of the National Budget 2021/2022 and potential avenues for women empowerment and growth opportunities
2. Overview of the key financial reporting requirements and standards
3. Understanding the requirements of the data protection law and the data breach impact assessment
4. Strategic communication skills for women leaders
• Dealing with media; and communication secrets of great leaders.
5. Women in management: Where did they come from? Where are they going? Re-socialization of the woman manager.
6. Emotional Intelligence and Self Awareness Skills for Women
7. Work- life balance strategies for the modern-day workforce
8. The mental health awareness agenda
9. Personal and corporate investment strategies
10. Critical risk management strategies for women in business and women leaders
11. Unlocking Opportunities for Women and Business: A Toolkit of Actions and Strategies
• Increasing Gender Diversity from the Workforce to the Boardroom
• Women- Owned Businesses and the Supply Chain
12. Addressing Gender-Based Violence in the Workforce:
• Assessing Codes of Conduct for Companies & Employees and grievance process on Gender-Based Violence and Sexual Harassment
• How to develop Approaches to Monitor and Sustain Progress on Reducing Sexual Harassment and Gender-Based Violence at the workplace
|1||Associate Members||kshs. 55,000 per delegate|
|2||Full Members /ACCA Members||Kshs. 65,000 per delegate|
|3||Non-Member||Kshs. 70,000 per delegate|
The cost caters for training fee, training materials, certificate and meals during the conference. Please note that delegates are required to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successfully attending all conference sessions.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
The training presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. For more information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.