INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
THE 7th ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ETHICS CONFERENCE
Theme: Sustainability and Convergence
Date: 27th– 29th March 2019
Venue: The Reef Beach Hotel – Mombasa, Kenya
Corporate governance is founded on the pillars that businesses must practice accountability, fairness, transparency and exhibit independence in decision making. With sharp decline in financial performance for most companies in the region and the rising trends of corporate failures, investors are increasingly becoming concerned.
The board’s agenda continues to expand, and the year ahead could be a challenging one for corporate boards and directors. Companies are constantly being challenged to achieve short-term objectives while ensuring long-term results in a progressively transparent and complex space. To help realize this vision, each committee of the board has unique oversight roles to help meet investors’, employees’ and customers’ expectations.
In a series of ICPAK CPD events, this conference has been organized to cover a full range of board-level issues; from risk oversight and shareholder engagement to the board’s hand in culture, cyber security and compensation, and the breadth of corporate governance topics in between. The event is highly recommended for public company directors and the management team working closely with them to tackle today’s greatest board leadership and governance challenges. As a participant, you will gain actionable best practices in corporate governance that will make an immediate impact in the boardroom and the company you represent.
- Governance – The Elephant in the Room
- Integrated Thinking and Reporting for Sustainability
- Keeping the Board Relevant: The Good, Bad and the Ugly in Board Evaluation.
- Making the Right Business Bets; Balancing Risks and Returns.
- The Drive towards Corporate Citizenship – Is CSR a Marketing Blitz?
- The Place of Technology in the Board-room.
- The Board’s Role in Executing a Cybersecurity Strategy that Wins
- Whistle-blowing and Anti-Corruption Measures for board-members.
- Inside the Boardroom: The Realities of Shareholder Engagement.
- Effective Public-Sector Governance: Expectations from the Audience.
The conference will be useful to:
- Board of Directors and Audit Committee Members
- CEOs, CFOs, Divisional Leaders and Senior Strategic Managers
- Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Experts
- Internal & External Auditors
- Academicians, Industry players, Policy Makers, Industry regulators and stakeholders from both private and public sectors
CONFERENCE CHARGES (VAT Inclusive)
|Category||Early Bird Registration
Booking & Payment on or before 12th March 2019
Booking & Payment or LSO/LPO received by ICPAK after 12th March 2019
|Associate Members /Accounting Trainees||Ksh. 50,000||Ksh.60,000|
|Kenyan based Members/ACCA Members and IFAC PAOs||Ksh. 65,000||Ksh. 70,000|
|Non-members & International Delegates||Ksh. 70, 000
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 20 CPD Units upon successfully attending all seminar sessions
NITA Reimbursement for Kenyan Delegates
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Kenyan participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyans.
The conference presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. Sponsorship opportunities range from cocktail, gala, media sponsorships, exhibitions and advertising. For more information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.