INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under cap 531 of the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
THE ANNUAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE FOR NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS (NPOs)
Theme: Exploring Future Possibilities
Venue: Sarova Whitesands Beach Hotel & Spa – Mombasa
Date: 7th – 9th November 2018
The 2018 Annual Financial Management Conference for NPOs will be a peer-driven educational and learning forum centered on key themes addressing the current and future challenges and opportunities in managing donor funded programs. The conference aims to equip participants with current thinking and trends in financial management, accounting, technology and leadership. Delegates will learn and share experiences with thought leaders in the NPO space in Kenya and in the region.
Key themes will be as follows:
Technology and Innovation in Finance
- Blockchain/distributed ledger technology. What is Blockchain? Its potential in NPOs? What progress is Kenya and East African nations making towards the adoption of Blockchain technology in public service?
- Bio-metrics and mobile money payments. Its use, authenticity and validity in payments to beneficiaries?
- Financial Reporting Standards for NGOs; Linkages and Possible Diversions
- Sustainability of NPOs in light of declining donor funding. Fundraising/resource mobilization for NPOs.
- Politics and power in NPOs – Navigating the dynamics, and providing an efficient and effective support in a politically charged environment.
Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
- Global Governance and the Rise of NGOs; The Accountability Paradox
- A review of major donor rules
- Best practices to preventing, detecting and deterring fraud in NPOs.
- Value-For-Money policies for NPOs.
Accounting and finance professionals, finance managers, program accountants, finance directors, grants officers and managers, senior operations staff, auditors and compliance officers, project managers, personnel of humanitarian/development organizations, non-finance professionals with interest in Not-for-profit organizations, consultants and auditors serving not-for-profit entities. The audience is drawn from Foundations, NGOs, Trusts, Academia, Country Governments, Government entities. Faith based organizations, Charities and NGO regulatory bodies.
The charges for the upcoming The NPO Financial Management Conference 2018 are as provided below:
|Category||Early Bird Registration
Booked & Paid for before 23rd October 2018
Booking & Payments or LPOs / LSOs received after 23rd October 2018
|Associate Members||KShs. 47,950||KShs. 52,950|
|Members& Staff of Audit firms||KShs.59,950||KShs. 64,950|
|Non Members||KShs. 69,950||KShs. 74,950|
|International Delegates||USD. 750||USD. 800|
CORPORATE NETWORKING ACTIVITIES
Conference participants will get opportunities to network and share experiences both in the formal sessions as well as interact with their peers during the welcome cocktail on Wednesday 7th Nov 2018 and Gala Dinner on Thursday 8th Nov. 2018.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) Reimbursement
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
For more information and/or inquiries please call +254 719074129/307/215, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Kindly note that booking for the NPO Financial Management Conference is available only online at www.icpak.com/events and will close on 6th October 2018at 1700 hrs.