THE BOARD AUDIT COMMITTEE MASTERCLASS
THEME: In Pursuit of Wholesome Growth, Effective Governance and Integrity of Audit Committees
Dates : 22nd -26th February 2021
Location : Mombasa
- The essentials of corporate governance best practices for Audit Committees during and post the pandemic:
- Overview of the Audit Committee governance Framework, Charters and ToRs in line with the relevant legislation and circulars
- Key governance aspects for top performing boards
- Strategic board involvement
- The importance of change management
- The role of Audit Committees in leveraging on effective risk management practices and risk intelligence to achieve value and streamlined processes across the organisation:
- Governance Risk & Compliance
- Linking Risk Management to Strategy
- Setting the right tone at the top for effective risk management
- Critical steps in the implementation of the ERM Framework
- Power Business Intelligence (BI) Tools and Dashboards
- Risk Appetite and Tolerance – The role of the Audit Committee in setting the right levels and monitoring the set thresholds
- Value based preparation and review of reports from Internal & External Audits:
- Interpretation of audit opinions
- How to review Management letters and audit reports – Important considerations for Audit Committee Members
- Principles of effective audit planning and risk-based audits
- Forensic and Investigative audits- Key considerations for Audit Committees in navigating the requirements as they fulfill their roles
- The role of audit committees in the identification and implementation of audit findings to enhance value across the organization
- Basic tenets of taxation to enable informed decision making by Audit Committee members during on the approval and review of various reports.
- Embedding targeted financial analytics to decision making options by Audit Committee Members
- Leveraging on automation of Audits and Audit Committee Meetings to create value
- Overview of legal compliance obligations and the effect of enforcement of various contract clauses- What audit committee members should know about the various implications
- Audit Committee Resilience: Managing an Audit Committee during crisis and ensuring forward looking business continuity
- Critical Cyber Security Requirements for Boards and Audit Committees in fulfilling their virtual oversight roles
- Instilling effective performance review processes for the Audit Committee Members and Chair
- The role of the Audit Committee in implementing the Head of Audit’s recruitment, performance review, staff development and termination.
- Conducting effective board meetings in the virtual and physical environments.
- Exuding executive presence for effective leadership edge as an Audit Committee Member
- Instilling the right value system in support of integrity and morality for audit Committee Members
- Independence and resourcing of audit function & its relationship with Management and the Audit Committee
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS
Members of ICPAK and those from other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 20 CPD units upon successfully attending all training sessions.
The Master Class charges are Kshs. 80,000 for both members and non-members. Please note the fee is exclusive of transport and accommodation.
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
The training presents a perfect opportunity for organizations to showcase their products & services to a target group with high purchasing powers, both on personal and corporate levels. You will also have a unique opportunity for brand positioning and communication that will enjoy optimal visibility. Armed with significant purchasing power and decision-making authority, the audience are a key target group for businesses. For more information or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for updates.