THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
DATE: 31st January 2017
VENUE: APSEA-Professional Centre
TIME: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
DEVELOPING THE LEADER IN YOU
Everything rises and falls on leadership. Everyone talks about it; few understand it. Most people want it and few achieve it. “Leadership?” -What’s it all about? Influence! How do you spot a leader? According to Robert Townsend, “they come in all sizes, ages, shapes, and conditions. A good leader has a compass in his head and a bar of steel in his heart for the benefit of the followers, not the enrichment of the leader.” Historically true leaders have their people consistently demonstrate superior performances and a proven record of empowering their teams. John C. Maxwell states that “success without a successor is failure for a man who thinks he’s a leader, but has no one following; he is merely taking a walk”
There is nothing more difficult to undertake, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than introducing change as a leader. Resistance to change is deemed to be universal. Invading all classes and cultures, seizing every generation by the throat and attempting to stop all forward movement toward progress. It is in this backdrop that ICPAK has organized a video session to empower its member body on;
- Leadership secrets on effectiveness of an organization.
- To be great leaders who never set themselves above their followers except in carrying out responsibilities
- the first change that has to occur in any organization is within the leader
- Gaining loyalty to the position of a leadership at all times
- The fact that people are no longer motivated by organizational charts, instead they respond to people; leader need not declare authority because of rights, but authority because of relationships. Research has proven that people do not care what their leaders know but how much they care.
- Companies that go along successfully have leaders who get along with people. Also discussed in the video are facts from;
- John Rockefeller who built giant corporations and stated that he would pay more for the ability to deal with people than any other ability under the sun.
1.0 Target Audience:
Associate members, Young professionals, Practicing Members, Accountants in Academia and those serving public interest entities
2.0 Online Booking
Kindly note that booking for the Video Session is available either online at www.icpak.com/events or on the ICPAK Live – A smart phone based application that is available from google store. Delegates are urged to note that the bookings close on 30th January 2017 at 1700 hrs
3.0 Video Session Charges:
The Charges for Video Session which cover for e-certificates of attendance is as provided under;
Booked & Paid for before 30th January 2017
|Associate Members/ Students||1,000|
4.0 Continuous Professional Development Units – 2
Members of ICPAK and other reciprocating professional bodies will earn 2 CPD points upon successfully attending the Video Session
5.0 National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) Reimbursement
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke).
6.0 Sponsorship Opportunities & additional information
Video session attracts over 200 participants drawn from both the public and private sectors presenting a rare chance for exhibitors and sponsors. Those interested in sponsorship can reach us through email@example.com
Further requests for The Video Session can be channelled to us via telephone calls on +254 733 856 262/ 727 531006 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We encourage to regularly visit our website www.icpak.com for more updates