THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(Established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
MANDATORY TRAINING: AUDIT STAFF TRAINING
Date: 23rd – 24th September 2020
Time: 09:00 to 16:00 hours
CPD Units: 7
Where: Virtual Seminar
The challenge of providing high quality comprehensive audits is a dilemma that faces many audit firms. To ensure that members in practice are well supported, the Institute ensures that its CPD program addresses some of these issues that members in practice face in managing and growing their firms. Audit staff training is mounted to bridge this gap. This training provides comprehensive coverage in topical form the duties audit staff typically perform at each step in their audit assignment. Through this training Staff will gain key knowledge on practical and hand-on skills on audit process including risk-based audit as per ISAs, engagement quality control, skills in performing special assignments and an understanding of IFRS and IASs. Also covered are non-technical training on client engagement and remote working skills that are essential to today’s CPA as highlighted below:
- International Standards on Quality Management-1&2 (ISQM 1&2)
- Quality Management at Firm Level
- Engagement Quality Reviews
- Quality Control for an Audit of Financial Statements
- Audit documentation and review
- Internal controls review
- Risk Based Audit Approach
- Performing Audit engagement, planning, execution, completion and reporting as per ISAs
- International standard on review engagements ISRE- 2400 and 2410 ISRE- review of interim financial information performed by the independent auditor of the entity
- International standard on related services (ISRS) 4400- agreed-upon procedures engagements and ISRS 4410 -compilation engagements
- Overview of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Client engagement and management
- Mobilizing Your Workforce Remotely: To Enable Work from Home Virtually
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 7CPD Units upon successfully completion of the Webinar.
The Webinar charges are Kshs. 6,000.
Charges will cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for webinar is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
Further requests can be channeled to us via telephone calls on +254 733 856 262/ 727 531006 or via email to email@example.com.
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.