JD: Senior Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager
Scope of the Role:
Supports the Finance Manager with the daily transactional processing, financial analysis, cost allocations, daily/monthly forecasts, and the implementation of financial and compliance controls.
Provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support.
- Implementing accounting policies, procedures and controls with sound accounting principles and the financial policies of the company
- Oversees the daily transactional activities in the department and ensures efficiency and effectiveness
- Daily and monthly analysis of financial performance
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions
- Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with accepted international accounting principle and financial reporting standards
- Oversee the day to day accounts operations- handle the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, cash disbursements and receipts
- Performs financial analysis to support risk assessment that informs decision-making
- Manages all aspects of accounts receivable, cash receipts and banking, including the review of supporting documentation
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Processes and posts journal entries for routine transactions in the Accounting
System and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger
- Secure financial information by completing database backups and protecting the company by keeping information confidential
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- CPA (K) and an active member of ICPAK
- Min Degree in Accounting/Finance/ACCA qualification
- Min 5 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting
- Excellent planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in Accounting Software.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Working experience in Sage Pastel (Accounting Software) or an ERP is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Leadership/Supervisory skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
The successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The candidate must have experience in managing a team of Accountants and their assistants.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Thursday 17th May, 2018.