NOTICE IS HEREBY given that in accordance with paragraph 5 (1) and (2) of the First Schedule of the Accountant’s Act, No. 15, 2008, that the 41st Annual General Meeting of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya will be held on Friday,7th June 2019 from 10.30 a.m. at Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, to transact the following business: –
- To note the proxies received and establish a quorum;
- To note Apologies;
- To confirm Minutes of the 40th Annual General Meeting and to consider matters arising there from;
- To receive and adopt the Council Report for the year 2018;
- To receive, consider and approve the Annual Report and Financial Statements of the Institute for the year ended 31st December 2018 together with the Auditor’s Report thereon;
- To appoint the Independent Auditor of the Accounts of the Institute for the year ending 31st December 2019 and authorize the Council to fix the remuneration of the Auditor;
- To confirm the election of Council Members in accordance with the Institute’s Election Regulations; and
- A.O.B (To be received not later than Friday 24th May, 2019).
CPA Edwin Makori
Chief Executive Officer and Secretary to Council
NOTE: The First Schedule to the Accountants Act, No. 15, 2008, Section 11, (3 & 4) provides that a member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting and who is unable to attend is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his or her behalf. To be valid, a form of proxy which is attached to this notice must be duly completed by the member and must be deposited with the Secretary to be received not later than 10.30am on Friday 31st May, 2019.