CPA Charles Tung’a
ICPAK Member 5279
Aspirant for Council Member position 2018 Elections.
Professional & Education Background
- Masters of Business Administration -Finance (UON)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya
Professional Membership Affiliations
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
- Institute of Internal Auditors ( Kenya Chapter)
- Kenya Institute of Management
- Current Acting Manager of Kakamega County Microfinance Corporation
- Immediate Director of Internal Audit Services at the County Government of Kakamega from 2014 to 2018
- Compliance Manager, Management Accountant, Financial Analyst, Branch Section head with Co-operative Bank of Kenya from 2003 to 2014
- Assistant Accountant with Kenya Women Finance Trust from 2001 to 2003
- ICPAK Internal Auditors Subcommittee Member 2017-2019
- Immediate Branch Chairman- ICPAK Western Branch 2016-2018
- Member-Audit Committee -Council of Governors 2017-2019
- BOM Member- Luandeti High School 2017-2019
- BOM-Chair St. Mercellas Kewa Primary School 2017-2019
- Treasurer Co-op bank Housing Society 2012-2013
- Treasurer Co-op bank Sports & Welfare Club 2009-2012
Involvement in ICPAK Activities
- Key Resource person since 2015 to date on various topics
- Member of Internal Auditors Subcommittee
- Successfully gave visibility to Western Branch and build the ICPAK Brand
- Active member in good standing since January 2007 to date
My Agenda- ‘TRI’
- The push for review of the Accountants Act
Champion the Council members to push for review of the long overdue Accountants Act so as to empower, recognize and correctly classify an Accountant in terms of definition, remuneration and schemes of service. The Accountant should be recognized just like other professionals .I will personally take initiative to marshal the Council to evaluate all available channels of fast tracking review and adoption by National Assembly.
- Reforms on the members’ Benefits
Together with the council, review policies that ensures members interests are served at the devolved physical offices by devolving secretarial services to branches and linking members to ensure dedicated service.
Consider leveraging on economies of scale by reviewing the training charges to ensure affordability by majority of Accountants and member retention.
- Internship opportunities to newly qualified Accountants
Through enacting of regulations with the council and key stakeholders that will champion ICPAK and advocate for more employment opportunities at all levels for qualifying Accountants in government and agencies for enhanced visibility.
- My family pillar includes four pillars of a spouse, two girls and a boy.
- I am a practicing member of the Seventh Day Adventist Christian Faith.
The Institute has evolved and at growth stage and as such, it will face challenges if servant leaders are not brought on board, who can articulate professional policies with boldness, consistency and safeguard the brand of an accountant at all cost. It calls for leaders who have demonstrated that they can convincingly step up their role and offer proactive leadership that is committed, focused, unwavering and ready to put the members interest at the forefront. A leader who can be honest and mobilize other members towards a worthy cause. A leader who has experienced firsthand challenges of an Accountant in Private sector, Public Sector and a Practitioner.
This leader is CPA Charles Tung’a, passionate about the profession and ready to stand out to be held personally accountable as a professional who defends the Accountant and safeguards a member’s interest at any level even if he remains alone standing.
TRI-Dedicated proven leadership, leading beyond tomorrow.