We are a company based in Mombasa. We seek a highly competent accounts-assistant, preferably already residing in mombasa with the following qualifications who will start on contract terms but with possibility of being permanently absorbed upon successful performance
Job Location: Mombasa
Salary: Negotiable upon meeting required qualifications
Purpose of Position: To ensure the company books are kept in perfect order and furnish management with timely and accurate financial reports.
Responsibility and authority
- Deputise the accountant and take full responsibility in his absence
- Enter all financial transaction details into Quick Books and manual control ledgers on real time basis
- Reconcile both dollar and Kenya shilling bank accounts
- File KRA VAT returns and end of Year Income returns
- Prepare Payroll (i.e. PAYE,NSSF,NHIF)
- Verify supplier invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Prepare payments to suppliers
- Occasionally check Invoices to customers
- Verifying customer statements in multi-currency for dispatch i.e USD,KES
- Supervise petty cash and daily budgeting
- Raise cheques and verify details of the same
Key Performance Indicators for both Accountants
- Timely daily entry and updates of all financial transactions into Quick Books
- Daily filing and proper record keeping of all account documents
- Implementation of all dated activities on the set dates.
- Diploma in business/commerce –finance or accounting option
- ICPAK holder
- 4-7 years of experience preferred with Quick Books experience
- Proficiency and experience in making end of year financial reports and necessary adjustments
- Aggressive and result oriented.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com before 18th Nov 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.