The position of CHIEF ACCOUNTANT is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risks, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
The key responsibilities for the position will be:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Manage the company treasury and working capital through bank reconciliation statements, receivables and creditors.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Finalize monthly management accounts along with analytical review for management on timely basis.
- Supervise the preparation of monthly audit schedules
- Motivate staff working under this position to deliver results
- Coordinate annual Statuary Audit
- Provide support and assistance to the Head of Finance in departmental administrative matters.
The minimum qualification, knowledge and experience required for this position are:-
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. An MBA in Finance/Accounting/Strategic Planning would be an added advantage.
- Member of ICPAK in good standing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar role in the manufacturing industry. Those with Audit experience will be an added advantage
- Conversant with ERP systems
- Age – 30 – 35 years
- Excellent analytical and Organization skills.
- Team player – ability to work with other Divisions to achieve results
- Attention to details
Application deadline: 31st October 2017.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org