Vacant: GROUP HEAD OF FINANCE
Our client a leading manufacturer of consumer goods in E. Africa is looking to hire Group Head of Finance.
REPORTS TO: BOARD
LOCATION : NAIROBI
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance and accounting department. He/She will also be responsible for procurement, budgeting, costing and reporting on organization’s financial performance to the Chairman and the board
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial reports (P&L. BS, cash flow statements and funds flow statement as per IFRS standards with commentary by 5th of the following month highlighting areas of budget variances, areas of improvement and workable solutions. Commentaries should reflect factors affecting performance and note changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- To safe guard and optimize the utilization of the company’s financial resources through the implementation of appropriate accounting systems that ensure accurate and timely production of financial information through efficient planning, monitoring and control.
- Conducting review and evaluation of cost management systems that allow the company to track/allocate operational costs and track profitability.
- To ensure Working Capital and Treasury is well managed so that the organization is able to fund its operations and meet financial obligations.
- Monitor capital budgets of projects and investments.
- Develop and maintain daily and weekly MIS dashboard (e.g. balanced scorecard) for risk assessments analysis and monitoring of key performance financial data for use by departmental heads and senior management.
- Manage intercompany accounts ensuring different entity entries are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Appraisal of projects through financial modeling to confirm viability of projects.
- Effectively communicate with Projects Engineer and Principals-in-charge regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals and any additional service related to billing
- Prepare regular stage payments, final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for approval the Chairman
- Ensure full compliance with all statutory matters, particularly with regards to tax (income tax, excise tax VAT, withholding tax etc) and payment of these within due dates to avoid penalties.
- Ensure that interim audit is conducted by the end of September and annual accounts are audited within three months of the year end and generally liaise with the external auditors, tax consultants to ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. auditors, lawyers, bankers and statutory organizations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- Business degree majoring in Finance or Accounting with a professional accounting qualification such CPA (K) or ICWA: MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience as Finance Manager or equivalent, preferably in a manufacturing or agribusiness-based organizations.
- Good experience in costing and taxation.
- Working capital management.
- Sound knowledge of financial management and accounting procedures.
- Proven analytical skills-ability to interpret or generate all types of financial data and financial reports, statements, and financial modeling and business plans.
- Demonstrable leadership ability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 29TH October,2019 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted