CPA ANNE WANGECI
ICPAK Registration No: 7714
Date of Registration: 11th August 2010
Desired Position: Council Member
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- MBA (Finance) from Egerton University
- International Business Administration (Accounting Option) from USIU
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA-(K)
With a professional career spanning 15 years in both private and public sectors, I am the acting Deputy Finance Officer at Egerton University – substantively a Senior Accountant in charge of Revenues and Operations heading various sections in the department.
Prior to joining Egerton University, I worked as a Financial Accountant at Christian Children’s Fund Kenya (CCF) and previously as an Assistant Accountant at International Rescue Committee (Kenya). Besides, I horned my financial accounting skills as an Accounts trainee at various institutions of repute namely; Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) and UAP Insurance Company.
As a scholar, I have published a journal in the International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences Volume 5, Issue 3, June 2017 on the “Effects of Financial Literacy on Personal Financial Decisions”.
I hold MBA in Finance (Egerton University), BSc. International Business Administration Accounting Option (USIU). Additionally, I have trained in forensic accounting and also on service delivery at the Kenya School of Government.
A Certified Public Accountant in good standing endowed with a character beyond reproach coupled by both integrity and commitment to excellence, and also a member of AWAK.
INVOLVEMENT IN INSTITUTE ACTIVITIES
2017 to Date: ICPAK Member Services Committee – Member
Key achievements include;
- Reviewed CPD calendar and events to ensure that they met the needs of members in the different segments. As a result, an inaugural Professional management seminar for Millennials was held in Nakuru in November 2017.
- Played a key part in rollout of the benevolent scheme.
- Active in Know Your Customer roll out that will enable the Institute segment its members appropriately.
- Participated in roll out of the Trainee Accountants Practical Experience Framework.
- Participated in the review and implementation of Member Retention and Recruitment strategy that saw the Institute give discount to new members.
- Involved in the review of the MOU between ICPAK and KASNEB.
2015-2017: Chairperson-ICPAK Central Rift Branch
Central Rift Branch covers five counties: Nakuru, Nyandarua, Baringo, Laikipia and Samburu. As the Branch chairperson I achieved the following;
- Successfully engaged with County governments like Nakuru and Nyandarua.
- Built and increased ICPAK Brand recognition at the branch level through outreach i.e. seminars and workshops
- Recruited new members.
- Increased participation in CPD events.
- Represented ICPAK at various functions and activities organized by County Governments and other stakeholders like KRA at the branch level.
- Provided general support to practitioners and members at the branch level.
Commendation Award by the Institute
I was awarded a Commendation in 2017 for the immense contribution to the profession and the Institute.
SUITABILITY FOR COUNCIL
It is with humility that I offer myself to serve the Institute as a Council Member. I pledge to provide excellent and transformative leadership as the Institute continues to grow.
Dubbed “COOL”, my agenda for members is 4 fold and is unpacked below;
- Introduction of more CPD event’s that are relevant, through KYC profiling, correct positioning and pricing of the events.
- Attain a five-star experience for the members from the ICPAK offices and during seminar events.
- Engage strategies to increase member satisfaction through value adds and ensure member retention.
Opportunities for Members
- Facilitate opportunities for job placements and to serve in boards as thought leaders in finance matters.
- Avail internship opportunities for the young accountants by partnering with employers.
- Provide technical support to practitioners to build capacity in non-traditional assignments.
Operations and Visibility
- Enhance Devolution through support, capacity building and profiling our branch network as the reference point at the counties.
- Supporting secretariat in delivering the Institute’s objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Promote ICPAK and CPA brand for enhanced recognition and positioning through increased and pro-active media engagement on public interest issues.
- Increase ICPAK recognition as a leader in policy matters on financial management though engagement of members and other key stakeholders.
Legislation and Regulation
- Strengthen the regulation framework through legislation to protect the CPA brand.
- Enhance MOU with KASNEB to ensure relevant training as the profession face significant changes.
- Contribute towards amending the Accountant Act to improve the execution of the Institute’s core mandate.
- Strive towards member protection through enactment of the Member Protection Policy.
- Provide seed funding to academic researchers to analyze emerging trends in the accountancy profession.
I am a wife and mother to two beautiful daughters. My family is the oasis of my inspiration.
MY HUMBLE REQUEST
As ICPAK and as a profession, we have come a long way with immense contribution from our seniors and we must make a deliberate attempt to “Continuously improve”. The general consensus is we need to move the Institute forward and together we can.
God Bless you all!!
Long Live ICPAK.