THE INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS OF KENYA
(established under the Accountant Act, Laws of Kenya)
Information Systems Control And Audit
Venue: Online Video
Information Systems Security is a concern; Information Systems Audit is one of the ways to address the concern. Information Systems auditing is used to assess whether computer systems safeguard assets, maintain data integrity and allow the goals of the organization to be achieved effectively and efficiently. Auditing is also concerned with efficient resource consumption. This course explores key aspects of audit as would be relevant to individuals within the organization or outside it. It investigates current and emerging practices related to planning and managing IS audits, IS risk and security management, Legal and ethical issues, Computer forensics, business continuity and disaster recovery. There will be specific emphasis on audit frameworks and standards
- The main objective of this course is to provide a comprehensive understanding of Information Systems auditing. This course will equip participants with the knowledge and practical skills necessary to successfully perform a complete IS audit of any size of organization.
- Appreciate the relationship between IS control & audit and overall organizational governance
- Understand and apply key basic IS Control & Audit concepts, standards, procedures, tools, guidelines and practices
- Identify IT risks and plan to manage them using appropriate controls
- Plan and Perform a risk-based IS audit
- Recognize the critical success factors for each of the phases of an IS Audit (planning, executing, reporting, follow-ups)
- Ability to identify and evaluate business risks in the IS environment and propose solutions to address the identified risks.
- Ability to identify IS-related business risks and evaluate IS general controls and IS application controls in a business context.
- Ability to prepare an audit programme for the audit of an IS which addresses both IT general control and IT application control objectives
- Ability to participate effectively in the design, development, testing and implementation of a new IS, providing appropriate audit advisory and consultancy services from the business context.
- Utilizing general IS control audit concepts, perform an audit of IT applications supporting key business processes
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (CPD UNITS):
Members of ICPAK and reciprocating professional bodies will be awarded 3 CPD Units upon successfully completion of the video
The online Video charges are Kshs. 3,500.
Charges cater for online video access fees, learning materials, and e-certificates of attendance
Registration: Delegates are reminded to note that online booking for video is mandatory on https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/
Access the course at https://icpak.bafunde.com/courses/
NATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (NITA) REIMBURSEMENT:
The Institute is registered as a trainer with National Industrial Training Authority. The Institute’s registration number is DIT/TRN/47. Participants who are registered levy contributors should apply to NITA for reimbursement of their fees. Please note that this is applicable for Kenyan citizens only and subject to NITA regulations. Remember that to qualify you should apply to NITA for approval prior to the date of the conference. Further details can be obtained from their website (www.nita.go.ke)
We encourage members to regularly visit our website https://www.icpak.com/event-registration/ for updates.